- Serving as a conceptualizer and Steering Committee member for a innovative USACE regional watershed risk and resilience assessment program focusing initially on the Savannah River watershed region.
- Contributing to the development of national critical infrastructure security and resilience policy and implementation through providing leadership and subject matter expertise as chair of the national-level Regional Collaborative Coordinating Council (RC3) and the Futures Task Group of the cross-sector Resilient Investment Planning and Development Working Group (RIPDWG).
- Development of a Pandemic Resilient Societies initiative with initial activity documenting findings and gaps associated with the Covid-19 pandemic with the goal of building on past work to develop a comprehensive community pandemic resilience roadmap for future global disease outbreaks.
- Assuring Secure and Resilient Smart Cities and Mega Regions initiative (kicked off in September 2019 with an I2SR article in Security Technology Executive magazine).
- Undertaking a Wildfire Resilient Communities study examining factors behind recent large-scale wildfires, how these factors have changed the wildfire risk landscape, and what is necessary to develop and sustain a holistic wildfire resilience improvement strategy.